EVA resin is characterized by good softness, rubber-like elasticity, good flexibility at -50 °C, good transparency and surface gloss, good chemical stability, anti-aging and ozone resistance. Good, non-toxic. Good blending with fillers, good coloring and molding processability.
The characteristics of EVA and PEVA are:
1. Biodegradable: No harm to the environment when discarded or burned.
2. The price is similar to that of PVC: the price of EVA is more expensive than that of toxic PVC, but it is relatively cheaper than PVC that does not contain phthalates.
3. Lighter weight: The density of EVA ranges from 0.91 to 0.93, while that of PVC is 1.32.
4. No odor: EVA does not contain ammonia or other organic odors.
5. Does not contain heavy metals: in line with the relevant international toy regulations (EN-71 Part 3 and ASTM-F963).
6. No phthalates: suitable for children’s toys and will not cause the release of plasticizers.
7. High transparency, softness and toughness: the application range is very wide.
8. Super low temperature resistance (-70C): suitable for freezing environment.
9. Resistant to water, salt and other substances: stable in most applications.
10. High thermal adhesiveness: it can be firmly attached to nylon, polyester, canvas and other fabrics.
11. Low bonding temperature: It can speed up the production speed.
12. Screen printing and offset printing: it can be used for multi-pattern products (but EVA ink must be used).